Ya’ll, you HAVE to try this 90 second microwave bread! I mean really, what else can you make from scratch in 2 minutes? And with only 5 ingredients, its super easy for anyone to make!
My boyfriend and I try to stick to a low-carb, healthy diet as much as possible. We don’t usually keep much bread in the house because if it’s there, we’ll eat it. But sometimes you just really want a sandwich!
I found several recipes for low-carb bread using almond flour, coconut flour, or a combination of both. I really do like these recipes, but those ingredients are a bit expensive (almond flour is currently $16CDN for 454g here) and as a recent grad school student I just can’t justify that price right now. So I have since adapted the recipes I found, and substitute the low-carb flours for all purpose flour. I’m more likely to have all purpose flour at any time, and the price per bread is much lower.
I mix the ingredients and cook this microwave bread in a plastic container. I usually use a square shaped one: it fits in the toaster better.
What can I do with this 90 second microwave bread?
Obviously, this recipe is a great base for any sandwich. It has a nice chewy texture, and its solid enough for you to smear mayo or barbecue sauce without getting soggy. I like to toast mine so it gets a bit crunchier on the outside, but that’s completely up to you. It’s even great for burgers: it’s not too bready so the ratio of bun to meat is perfect!
I love using this recipe with my Smashed Avocado and Egg Toast.
90 Second Microwave Bread
- 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic (optional)
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Water (more if needed)
- Spray a small plastic (or glass) container
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Add egg and water to flour mixture; whisk until blended. It may look a bit clumpy. Level top with spoon or tap container on counter.
- Microwave for 1 minute. It should rise and separate from the sides. If not, microwave in increments of 15 seconds until it has a firm but springy texture.
- It will be steaming, so carefully flip onto a plate or paper towel. Let it cool before slicing through the middle.
Let me know below how you used this 90 second bread! And check out these yummy no flour recipes!