I think we can all agree that cheese in any form is amazing. And eggs in any form are amazing. When they come together, they create perfection. Thanos was trying to collect gems but he probably should have been collecting eggs so that he could make this delicious Cheesy Egg Ramekins recipe.
My parents gave me a Ninja Air Fryer last Christmas, and we’ve recently become a bit obsessed with it. As of this writing, we haven’t used the oven for 2 weeks. 2 WEEKS!!! The Air Fryer is just too quick and easy to use. We’ve been experimenting with all kinds of recipes, and when I saw these ramekins at Winners I got inspired to create some breakfast/lunch ideas. Two ramekins fit into the Air Fryer at once, so if you are making more than 2 servings you will need to do it in batches.
Air Fryer features:
-You can cook with little to no oil, which reduces the fat and calories for your meal overall
-Has 4 features (air fry, roast, reheat, and dehydrate) that all work really well
-Super easy to set the temperature and cooking time, with start/pause option
Honestly, since we started using this we haven’t looked back. I would highly, highly recommend the Air Fryer! Now let’s get to what you came here for: Cheesy Egg Ramekins
Cheesy Egg Ramekins
- Air Fryer
- 1 ramekin (greased)
- 1 bacon slice (optional, I use chicken but regular/turkey can be used too)
- t Tbsp chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk (can also use half and half, or cream)
- 1/2 Tsp salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Chives/Green Onions (garnish)
- Grease ramekin with cooking spray. Preheat Air Fryer for 3 minutes at 350 F.
- Arrange bacon slice so that it's folded into ramekin. Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- In bowl, crack egg and whisk. Add milk, salt and pepper and mix.
- Remove hot ramekin from Air Fryer and add egg mixture.
- Place ramekin back onto Air Fryer tray. Cook for 2 minutes. Poke the middle so that it will cook all the way through. It should be runny in the middle and crusty on the outside.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Cook for another 3 minutes, or until golden and melted.
- Carefully remove from Air Fryer. It will be really hot, so use tongs, a towel or gloves. Add garnishes as desired.
It will be super hot when it’s done, so wait a couple minutes before eating. If you’d like, you can sprinkle some kosher salt before serving.
Some of my favourite recipes are the ones where you can just toss in whatever you happen to have. You could add peppers, mushrooms, or spinach. I made one version with bread crumbs on top, it gave it a nice crusty top. We even made this with hot dogs, if you can believe it! It’s a really great base to work from and customize.
Let me know how this recipe goes and what you added to it! I may do an Air Fryer recipe series, so stay tuned for that. And if you like these Cheesy Egg Ramekins, check out out my recipe for Smashed Avocado and Egg Toast!